NGUJAKURA (Yalanji word for law/lore) This program provides an in depth knowledge and understanding on Indigenous perspectives in science and technology and build a pathway for Indigenous communities and industries to collaborate on projects and programs.
Participants will gain the knowledge and understanding of the processes in engaging with Indigenous communities to delivery programs. Participants will gain an understanding on Indigenous perspectives in science and technology and build a pathway for Indigenous communities and industries to collaborate on projects and programs.
Target audience: Government advisors, senior executives and industry professionals working in the Science, Innovation and Technology sectors.
Duration: 4 hours
Number of participants: Min 5 Max 20
Pre-requisites: INDIGI LAB Survey (Online)
Cost: Government/Corporates $499 Non Profit $299
Program aim or outcome: Participants will have increased understanding of the influence of culture in the Australian context and will be able to interact effectively with Indigenous communities to develop and deliver projects. They will gain an appreciation and understanding of Indigenous perspective’s in science, innovation and technology sector.
- Understand how to develop and deliver projects and programs that align culturally appropriate frameworks and community governance structures.
- Understand the importance of Indigenous perspectives in science, innovation and technology.
- Identify issues and respond to conflicts and cultural issues.
- Working with community and capacity building
- Indigenous Perspective’s in science and technology
NGUJAKURA Workbook DOWNLOAD (PDF)
NGUJAKURA Workbook DOWNLOAD (Word)